Who would have known the many uses of the Hibiscus Flower?
When we started landscaping around The Aguada we recalled a conversation we had with an iguana enthusiast who shared with us that iguanas found the red hibiscus as a delicacy. Keeping that in mind, we chose to do a hedge fence out of various types of hibiscus. However, it wasn’t until years later that we realized the various wonderful uses of the hibiscus flower.
- Cold treatments
- Reduces high blood pressure and stress levels
- Promotes a healthy heart
- Contains a huge number of antioxidants which helps to fight against cell-damaging free radicals
- An aid and cure for cough, hair loss and hair graying. For hair treatment, get hibiscus oil and rub it in hair. There are also hibiscus shampoos and conditioners.
- Helps maintain healthy body temperatures
- Boosts the effectiveness of vitamin C absorption
- Promotes cardiac and nervous system health
- Traditional cure for nervous restlessness and difficulty sleeping
- Aids in weight control challenges
- Helps support memory and concentration
- Supports and boosts the immune system.
You probably won’t look at a hibiscus as just another flower again. :D We won’t either! Try it if you have any of the problems above. They are very common in Belize.
– The Aguada Hotel, Belize